Board of Directors
"Inspire, Promote and Empower individuals, families and communities by equipping them with knowledge, training and resources to improve their lives.
UMatter Board Member Role
As volunteer leaders, board members for UMatter Organization, Inc. play a critical role in the success of the organization. Board Members will support the work of UMatter and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance. While day-to-day operations are led by UMatter's Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Board-CEO relationship is a partnership, and the appropriate involvement of the Board is both crucial and expected.
Leadership, governance and oversight
- Understanding and ensuring the fulfillment of the mission and the purpose of the organization
- Ensuring adequate resources to achieve the organization's mission
- Serving as a trusted advisor to the CEO as he develops and implements UMatter's strategic plan
- Ensuring effective organizational planning and resource management
- Serving on committees or task forces and taking on special assignments
- Representing UMatter Organization, Inc. to stakeholders; acting as an ambassador/champion for the organization
- Approving annual budget, reports, and material business decisions, being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities
- Recruiting and orienting new board members
Board Terms and Participation
Members must attend and participate in at least seven (7) of the 12 monthly board meetings, either in person, webcam or conference call to maintain awareness of the organization's activities.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about UMatter's mission and who has a successful track record of board participation. Selected Board Members will have achieved leadership stature in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector. Selected Board Member accomplishments will allow him/her to attract other well-qualified, reputable, high-performing and committed Board Members. Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Professional experience with executive or c-suite leadership accomplishments in business, government, philanthropy, or nonprofit sector
- Commitment to and understanding of UMatter Organization's beneficiaries, preferably based on experience
- Diplomatic skills and an affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse audiences
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of UMatter's beneficiaries
How to apply
Interested in serving on UMatter Organization's Board and impacting the lives of youth, please send a statement of interest along with a resume to Cebien Alty firstname.lastname@example.org.